Job Title Demand Planner
Job Type Permanent
Location – Country South Africa
Location – Province Western Cape
Location – Town or City Brackenfell, Cape Town
Purpose of the Job To manage, maintain and ensure accurate customer demand forecasts through incorporating current and accurate market information to predict customer demands and provide the supply chain with the appropriate information
Job Advert Details
Job Category Retail
Job Objectives 1. DEMAND PLANNING AND FORECASTING
1.Develop demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation as part of a demand planning function
2.Create statistical forecasts:
– Gather, analyse and validate data
– Execute statistical modelling software
– Review resulting statistical forecast model
– Apply error analysis techniques to improve forecasting
– Summarize/aggregate statistical forecasts
3.Use and maintain Demand Planning software as primary forecasting system tool.
4.Maintain demand planning system and software
– Enter and modify data and ensure the correctness of product hierarchy
– Monitor trends in forecast error
– Identify relevant market-related data and competitive intelligence
2. SALES ANALYSIS AND PLANNING
1.Review historical sales trends and research demand drivers
2.Prepare forecast data based on sales analysis, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
3.Review sales plans and budgets:
– Present, solicit, and assess feedback on the various forecasts from sales, and finance
– Recommend adjustments for operational forecasts
– Review promotional plans with sales
4.Interact with buying, marketing, and customer finance to understand demand forecast drivers.
5.Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions
3. STRATEGIC PLANNING
1.Provide input to Sales Planning organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
2.Closely coordinate and communicate customer action plans with buying department
3.Achieve consensus for operational demand forecasts by facilitating a collaborative planning process with buying, marketing and finance:
– Prepare relevant material to facilitate research and discussion
4.Provide input to volume planning (Latest Estimates/annual process)
– Facilitate and manage demand planning/customer meetings
– Achieve consensus with finance and supply chain
1.Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Sales, Marketing and Customer Finance to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used to report on for demand forecasts.
2.Prepare and maintain relevant reports pertaining to demand planning process
Qualifications • Degree in Logistics/Commerce/BEng
Experience • 2-3 Years Experience in Demand Planning
Knowledge and Skills •SAP Knowledge
•Demand forecasting tools and planning
•Supply chain principles and practices
Applicant Feedback Policy Shoprite endeavours to provide feedback to all candidates whenever possible. However, if you do not hear from one of our Recruiters within 30 days, please accept that your application was unsuccessful
Apply for this Job
Good Luck Smart Community All the Best!!!!